Our Focus is Helping Our Companies Achieve Their True Potential.
Olympus Partners is a private equity firm focused on providing equity capital for middle market buyouts and for companies needing capital for expansion. Olympus manages funds in excess of $8.5 billion mainly on behalf of corporate pension funds, endowment funds and state-sponsored retirement programs. Founded in 1988, Olympus is an active, long-term investor across a broad range of industries including business services, consumer products, healthcare services, financial services, industrial services and manufacturing.
We limit our new investment activity to only three or four new platforms each year in order to maximize the time spent working with each of our portfolio companies. Our preferred investment size ranges from $75 million for growth capital deals to over $500 million for buyouts. In addition to financial resources, Olympus offers several other critical benefits to help its management partners reach their goals.
Deep experience and proven track record
- 95+ direct investments and over 130 add-on completed by
portfolio companies since 1988
- Average over 28 years of private equity experience among 8 general partners
A focus on growth and continuous improvements
- Olympus has never executed a recapitalization of a portfolio company that resulted in a leverage multiple higher than when we acquired the company
Active value-added partners with management
- Three to five board seats per general partner
Long-term, stable LP relationships
- The majority of the capital in Olympus’ funds are from investors who have invested in multiple funds
$8.5 Billion of total capital under management
Primary investments over seven funds
$3.0 billion of committed capital for our latest fund, Olympus Growth Fund VII, L.P.
Our focus is on increasing shareholder value by increasing the value of our companies.
Although we actively work with our portfolio companies, we do not pretend to be operators and meddle in day-to-day management. We serve as an asset to executive leadership and provide the support and resources to achieve our mutual goals.
Areas of Expertise
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Long-Term Strategic Planning
- Budgeting & Financial Analysis
- Capital Markets
- New Business Development & Partnerships
- Executive Recruiting